Tuesday 11 February 2014

Part man, part machine...

Alex John Murphy
... all fabulous!
In an attempt to ignore my ear aching and screaming like a banshee, I decided to paint someone who's had a much harder time than me. The wonderful Murphy from Robocop. I'm really not into violent films and so hadn't ever bothered watching Robocop until a few years ago after much prodding from some very persistent friends. It's now one of my all time favourite films. I did not expect that at all... but the tragic tale of Murphy who is turned into a cyborg without any say in the matter and then waking up to a lifetime of having to deal with being neither human nor machine... well, it just breaks my heart into a million pieces all over again every time I watch the film. And let us take a moment to appreciate the absolutely magnificent performance by Peter Weller who managed to carry an entire movie with only his lips on display for the vast majority of it. I have had a crush on him ever since;-)

2 comments:

  1. Amazing!! Ans Yes, he does have some good Lips!! LOL! ~Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They are the lips that dreams are made of... or something to that effect ;-)

      Delete